2012 Extended Archery Buck

Well, with only one week left for archers to be able to harvest a buck, I thought I would take my boy out to do some hunting. My son is only 5 yrs old so I decided to go to a place that he would not have to walk very far but we could still be successful, even if it wasn't going to be a monster buck. Saw this little 3x2 (one side is broken or he'd be a 3x3) early in the morning. We tried to put a stalk on him but 5 yr olds have short legs and aren't extremely quiet. The buck gave us the slip. The buck went down the trail we had come up. We decided to turn back down the trail and see what we could come up with. We reached a clearing and heard an animal coming through the brush and here came the same little 3x2. I had told myself that this was a meat hunt and whatever walked in front of me with antlers was going to go down. So, at 25 yards, this little buck's fate was sealed! I had my wife meet us up on the hill to help me take of the deer. I used the gutless method and I truly believe there is no better way to get an animal off the mountain.

Don't get me wrong, I like big antlers. This was just a fun little "outing". This buck wasn't the biggest "TOAD" on the mountain but hunting is more that just big antlers! Hope y'all enjoy the pics!
 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment